Sunday, March 6, 2016

Makeup geek haul/swatches Pt 1


I think I must really be one of the last people to get onto the MakeupGeek train.. I ordered a large Z palette in Lavender and then 20 eyeshadows. I didn't fill my palette up because this was already crazy expensive and I thought id leave room for anything I missed, or to checkout their upcoming Duo Chromes and Mattes collection. Ive since filled it up with some of my Coastal Scents Hot Pots though. Stay tuned for my thoughts and opinions - was it worth it?

Edit: This post has been sitting in my drafts for months! I've well and truly formed an opinion since then and have since made 2 more orders for the duochromes and newer matte shades. 





One of the things I don't really understand is how everyone goes on about them being super cheap. Yes, at  $6 USD they are relatively affordable, but when you think about value you could easily buy  4 naked palettes for the cost of filling up one large z palettes - not that affordable now, is it.

After making this massive amount of mess, I finally constructed everything. I found the little paper packs slightly annoying and kept getting in the way of unpacking. 


*Angles sing* This is the purple large Z palette ($20 USD)  

I'm going to apologise now for the strange swatch order, I'm not really sure what I was thinking!
Ive placed a ♥ next to the shades I love, M for matte, S for Shimmer and M for Metalic.

Shore Thing M ♥, Beaches and Cream M ♥,  Vanilla Bean M ♥, Shimma Shimma S♥

Swatches L-R: Beaches and Cream, Shimma Shimma, Vanilla Bean, Shore Thing 

Peach Smoothie M ,Cinderella S ♥, Creme Brulee M, Unexpected M♥

Latte M, Mocha M, Bitten M♥, Coco BearM ♥



Duchess M, ♥, Sensuous S, Peacock M ♥, Envy S ♥

Sensuous S, Nauticia S♥

Foiled shadows - Whimsical M ♥ , Day Dreamer M ♥

Overall: The foiled shadows are my favourite shadows they do! so rich and creamy. Some of the shades are drier then others but there's not one that I would say I'm unhappy with. I really love the warmer creamy matte shades, particularly coco bear and bitten. If I had to say my palette was missing something, it would be a matte white and a deeper darker brown. I do think that MUG are over-hyped in the beauty community, but they are still lovely to work with. I'd compare them to Too Faced and Urban Decay in quality.  Keep a lookout for my next MUG post with the new shades I ordered!















No comments:

Post a Comment